CCALFA – Hands-on Creative Classes, for kids, teens and adults!
July 12 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, repeating until 2022-09-23
You can find all the details and book into the school holiday program here.
CCALFA offers progressive skill-based learning in several modalities including but not limited to –
- Botanic Textile Art (includes sustainable, eco-friendly materials and processes in Plant dyeing, Eco dyeing/printing, Indigo and Shibori, Boro, Rusting, Botanical prints on paper, stitching, knitting and crochet)
- Wood working (includes basic carpentry and wood turning projects)
- Clay and Sculpting (includes fundamentals to sculpting, and completing full projects)
- Fine Arts (includes drawing fundamentals, abstract acrylics, working with mixed media, and Manga-Japanese anime art)
- Specialised guests/ short-lessons in music/ singing/ kids yoga/ tying ‘nautical knots’; ‘fresh sugar cane juice extraction’ – this list will vary and expand as we go along
CCALFA is about addressing mental health in our children, teens and adults – by providing creativity-and-community-based learning – to complement the existing content-driven focus in education. View our vision statement here. We offer progressive learning in hands-on practical and creative modalities.
For so long as there is a child, tween, teen or adult who wishes to learn it, our goal is to match/ bring forward people from the community forward who are willing to teach it, and pass their knowledge on.
Mentoring and community. We allow the child/ tween/ teen as much freedom in self-direction through each modality, whilst under the guidance of their mentors – our model offers mentorship and a sense of belongingness in community. Meet our collaborators (instructors/ mentors).
Building friendships. We wish our children to grow together, with familiar faces and friendships. Knowing they have the support of their mentors, and the families they get to see and know here progressively each week over a longer period of time. We believe that community is key, and plays a big part in children and future generations feeling grounded, safe and confident in cultivating their skills and sense of purpose within their community.
Less driving and more time to learn and connect. We have given a home to many juicy and interesting creative/ practical-hands-on activities, all in one place – so our children can spend more time learning across modalities , building friendships, and learning stuff they find interesting – than they do traveling across venues. This also allows you – the parent – to be able to find community/ build relationships whilst your kids learn great stuff!
Homeschooling families. Parents – you are welcome to cover any content lessons on-site – we have an outdoor break-out area next to a tea station. Bring a plate to share for tea, if you wish. Send the kids off to learn from any of the creative modules that day – you are welcome to stay and chat, or help out, or assist your child, as you see fit. We encourage friendships, support and community.
Bookings are essential as we are limited by room capacity. Check out our Kids Program (age 8 to 12) and our Teens and Adults Program. Book here
- Contact Name
- Nic Anderson
- Company Name
- Apollo Eris Pty Ltd trading as CCALFA (Co Create Art Learning Foundation Australia)
- Youngest Age
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Name
- Facebook Group Name
- CCALFA Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/516104603464655/
- Drop off
- Drop off optional
- CCALFA (Co Create Art Learning Foundation Australia) – PALMWOODS
12 Tecoma Road
PALMWOODS, 4555 + Google Map
- View Venue Website