One to one or small group ART as therapy sessions for ALL ages – NDIS funded – Maroochydore
June 23 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm AEST
Chony is offering one to one or small group art as therapy, art sessions for young people with NDIS funding from The MET in Maroochydore on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons. Chony is a QCT registered, award winning visual arts educator with sensori-motor art therapy certifications, who also has a blue & yellow card. She has a warm, generous, sensitive and creative approach to teaching. Chony uses her experience to design art sessions and projects to suit each persons creative interests, individual goals and NDIS goals.
What art materials & techniques can my child use?
Young people can choose from a variety of art mediums and techniques such as:
- acrylic, water colour and ink painting
- sketching using charcoal, pen, pencil, chalk pastel
- acrylic pour
- clay – hand built vessels
- print making
- multi-media art work
If your child has another artistic interest please ask, Chony can more than likely accommodate
How can art as therapy sessions help?
- reducing anxiety & low mood
- developing body & spacial awareness
- building fine motor skills
- processing & communicating emotions
- increasing self-confidence, sense of achievement & self acceptance
- setting and reaching goals
- communicating needs & encourages resilience
- extending concentration & time focused on an activity
Cost and ndis line item options
Cost for a one hour session is $80 which includes all high quality materials and tuition, in a safe and welcoming environment. Each person takes their art work home when it is complete.
Please refer to line item No – 04_210_0125_6_1 (community, social & recreational activities,
group centre based activities)
- Contact Name
- Company Name
- Chonys Art Room
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Name
- Chony's Art Room
- Drop off
- Drop off optional