Tools for Teens ages 14 – 16
June 12 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm AEST$145
An afternoon for your daughter to learn tools to begin to navigate safe and confident relating with others.
* This workshop will contain specific information about sexual identity and sexual relating.
* The information will be delivered in a fun, palatable, and gentle way.
* The workshop will be structured around “practical tools” for your daughter to use (mindset, communication, emotional regulation).
* The workshop will be phone-free (I will have a basket where I collect and store devices at the beginning and they can check their phones in the break if they need to).
There will be three parts:
1. Relationship tools – we will look at the diversity within sexual and gender expression and cover tools for how to navigate this with our friends and peers (aka Inclusive relating, gender and sexual identity)
2. Communication tools – we will look at what consent really means when it comes to s. xual situations and how to confidently and cringe-free advocate for safe sex (aka Heathy relating, consent and communication)
3. Embodiment tools – we will cover sexual anatomy and how to keep sex safe with regards to both contraception and also feeling safe in our body, and trusting it’s signals (aka Safe relating, contraception and connection)
There will be an opportunity for anonymous Q and A at the end. If anything of concern comes up during the workshop I will feedback to you afterwards in my reflection email to all parents.
This is an optional but highly recommended evening for parents only on Monday 6th June 6 – 7pm. I will be briefly covering the workshop material, showing suggested resources for you to share with your teen when you feel the time is right, and answering any questions you may have.
What to tell your daughter:
Telling any teen they are going to a sex ed workshop is going to feel awkward for them. So simply telling them they are going to a “Tools for teens” workshop is enough. If they want more information it is up to you what you tell them, you could say there will be some talk about genders, or tools for healthy relationships, or how to deal with awkward situations. They might feel more comfortable going with a friend so please feel free to forward this information to anyone who might be interested.
My primary goals for the workshop are that the girls have fun, and they feel comfortable with me and the content. My secondary goals are that they leave feeling like their voice matters, their ‘No” is valid, and that they have the information they need to make decisions that will keep them safe (physically and emotionally) when the time comes for them to engage in sexual actvity with another person.
Click here to book the workshop on Sunday 12th June. https://www.tellyourdaughters.com.au/book-a…/14-16-years
Price is $145 and includes parents evening on the 6th June and goodie bag for your daughter.
It is important sex education is accessible to all, so there are two community tickets free of charge for each workshop, please email directly to nominate yourself or someone else for these. If nominating someone else we can email them either on your behalf or anonymously to let them know there is a ticket available for them.
Please feel free to message or email me with any questions.
I am so looking forward to connecting with you and meeting your daughter.
If you skimmed:
– Workshop “Tools for teens” Sunday 12th June 1 – 4:30pm
– The workshop will cover healthy and safe relating with regards to gender, sex, contraception
– The information will be delivered in a way that is fun, palatable and gentle
– Your daughter will leave knowing how to advocate for a safe and healthy relationship, and with some powerful practical tools she will use throughout her whole life