- This event has passed.
Tools for Tweens and Teens ages 11 – 13
June 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm AEST$135
A morning for your daughter to learn tools to feel good in, and about, her body.
* This is not an explicit workshop about sex but it will lay important foundations for healthy s.xual relating in the future.
* The information will be delivered in a fun, palatable, and gentle way.
* The workshop will be structured around “practical tools” for your daughter to use (mindset, communication, emotional regulation).
* The workshop will be phone-free (I will have a basket where I collect and store devices at the beginning and they can check their phones in the break if they need to).
There will be three parts:
1. Mindset tools – we will look at the effects of the media on how we feel, and we will begin to teach critical thinking (aka Body positivity, media myths and diversity)
2. Communication tools – we will look at lots of ways how to say “No” in tricky (non-sexual) situations with your friends and family (aka Body autonomy, consent and communication)
3. Embodiment tools – we will look at the proper anatomy and the role of our biology/nervous system has with regards to our emotions and feeling safe in our body, and trusting it’s signals (aka Empowered anatomy, pleasure and self connection)
There will be an opportunity for anonymous Q and A at the end. If anything of concern comes up during the workshop I will feedback to you afterwards in my reflection email to all parents.
This is an optional but highly recommended evening for parents on Monday 6th June 6 – 7pm. I will be briefly covering the workshop material, showing suggested resources for you to share with your child when you feel the time is right, and answering any questions you may have.
What to tell your daughter:
This isn’t specifically sex ed, and telling any tween or teen they are going to a sex ed workshop is going to feel awkward for them. So simply telling your child they are going to a “Tools for teens” workshop is enough. If they want more information it is up to you what you tell them, you could say there will be some talk about the messages from the media, and also how to deal with sticky conversations with your friends, that type of thing. They might feel more comfortable going with a friend/friend group so please feel free to forward this information to anyone who might be interested.
My primary goals for the workshop are that the girls have fun, and they feel comfortable with me and the content. My secondary goals are that they leave feeling like their voice matters, their ‘No” is valid, and they know their body is both normal and powerful.
Click here to book the workshop on Sunday 12th June https://www.tellyourdaughters.com.au/book-a…/11-13-years-1
Price is $135 and includes parents evening on the Monday 6th June 6 – 7 pm and goodie bag for your daughter.
It is important sex education is accessible to all, so there are two community tickets free of charge for each workshop, please email directly to nominate yourself or someone else for these. If nominating someone else we can email them either on your behalf or anonymously to let them know there is a ticket available for them.
Please feel free to email me with any questions, or to give me a call if you would rather chat.
I am so looking forward to connecting with you and meeting your daughter.
If you skimmed:
– Workshop “Tools for tweens and teens” Sunday 12th June
– The workshop isn’t explicit sex ed, but is foundational for healthy sexual relating in the future
– The information will be delivered in a way that is fun, palatable and gentle.
– Your daughter will leave feeling empowered and open to a healthy relationship with her body, and with some powerful practical tools she will use throughout her whole life.
– Book here https://www.tellyourdaughters.com.au/book-a…/11-13-years-1
- Contact Name
- Natalie Stokell
- Company Name
- Tell Your Daughters
- Youngest Age
- Oldest Age
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Name
- Tell Your Daughters
- Drop off
- Drop off only