Terms and Condition
If you are under 18 years old, you represent and warrant that you have permission from your parent or legal guardian to access and use the Platform, and they have accepted these Terms and Conditions on your behalf.
- The information on this website is for informational purposes only and does not create a business or professional services relationship between you and Homeschool Heart. The information on the website is provided “as is” and is subject to change without notice. No assurances, representations or warranties, express or implied, are made in relation to the accuracy, currency, completeness or legitimacy of any information expressed on the website.
- Users acknowledge and accept that content may include technical inaccuracies, typographical errors and unintentional mistakes. Homeschool Heart content is subject to alteration at any time, without notice, and may not be up to date or accurate at the time a user may view it.
- Any content on the Platform or provided by our Platform is not comprehensive and is for general information purposes only. While we use reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content, we make no representation or warranty regarding it, to the extent permitted by law. You rely on any information on our Platform at your own risk.
- Homeschool Heart does not guarantee that access to the website will be uninterrupted. In addition, Homeschool Heart does not guarantee that the website is free from viruses or anything else which may damage any computer or associated device (such as a smartphone), or any data on such a computer or associated device. Users are responsible for managing the security of their own devices.
- The Homeschool Heart website may contain links to other websites operated, controlled or produced by third parties. Unless otherwise indicated, Homeschool Heart does not control, endorse, sponsor or approve any such third party websites or their content. Nor does Homeschool Heart provide any warranty or take any responsibility whatsoever for any aspect of those websites or their content.
2. Copyright Notice
© Homeschool Heart
- Unless otherwise stated, Homeschool Heart owns the copyright in the information provided on this site. Material on this website is subject to copyright under Australian law, international treaties and applicable laws in other countries. Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced by any process, nor may any other exclusive right be exercised, without the permission of Homeschool Heart.
- The materials displayed on the Homeschool Heart website, including without limitation all editorial materials, information, photographs, illustrations, artwork and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trademarks, are the property of Homeschool Heart and are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws, unless otherwise indicated.
3. User Engagement
- users must comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations that relate to use of the Homeschool Heart website. Homeschool Heart reserves the right to report potentially criminal activity to law enforcement agencies;
- users must use the Homeschool Heart website in an appropriate manner. Fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your access to the Homeschool Heart website;
- users may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication designed or intended to obtain or solicit personal information from any website user;
- users must not use the website in connection with commercial endeavours other than those endorsed or approved by us;
- Users must be aware that any information submitted to the Homeschool Heart website will be deemed to be non-confidential and non-proprietary. This includes any data, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or other information. Homeschool Heart will be entitled to use any such material which has not been indicated to be confidential or proprietary for any purpose, without compensation.
- Users must not attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with this website or any material or content displayed on the Homeschool Heart website.
- Users may be permitted to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit relevant information and content (User Content) on our Platform. By making available any User Content on or through our Platform, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence to use the User Content, with the right to remove, use, view, copy, and modify such User Content on, through, or by means of our Platform.
- Users agree that they are solely responsible for all User Content that they make available on or through our Platform. They represent and warrant that (1) they are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or they have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such User Content as contemplated by these Terms; and (2) neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmission of the User Content or our use of the User Content on, through or by means of our Platform will infringe a third party’s rights, including intellectual property rights, or be in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- We do not endorse or approve and are not responsible for any User Content. We may, at any time at our sole discretion, remove any User Content.
4. Privacy Statement
- The Homeschool Heart website take all reasonable care to secure personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We endeavour to preserve all personal information in a controlled, secure and protected environment.
- Homeschool Heart does not sell, rent or lease its user lists or user information to third parties. Any third parties engaged by Homeschool Heart are prohibited from using personal information except to provide services to the Homeschool Heart website. In such cases they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Homeschool Heart will only disclose your personal information without notice if required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is essential to:
- conform to the law or comply with legal process served on the Homeschool Heart website; and
- protect and defend the rights or property of the Homeschool Heart website; and
- act under necessary circumstances to protect the personal safety of the Homeschool Heart website’s users, or the public.
- Personal information is collected in order for Homeschool heart to communicate with users and for users of the site to communicate with those advertising on the site. As such, the website may collect personally identifiable information that a user provides, including, but not limited to the name, home, work address, telephone number and email addresses of its users, where they have supplied it.
- The Homeschool Heart website captures data relating to your computer hardware and software. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This data is collected by Homeschool Heart to maintain the quality of the website and to provide general statistics relating to use.
- Homeschool Heart is not responsible for the privacy statements or content on websites outside of the Homeschool Heart website.
- Homeschool Heart will, from time to time, update this Privacy Statement to reflect user feedback. The Homeschool Heart website encourages all users to periodically review this Privacy Statement to remain informed about how Homeschool Heart is using and protecting user information.
- If you believe the Homeschool Heart website has not adhered to this Statement, please contact the Homeschool Heart website administrators using the ‘Contact Us’ page. We will endeavour to promptly remedy the concern.
5. Liability, Warranties and Indemnities
- Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for, and you waive and release us from and against, any Liability caused or contributed to by, arising from or connected with (1) your acts or omissions; (2) any incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date Content or User Content on the Platform; (3) any works, services, goods, materials or items which do not form part of the Platform, or which have not been provided by us; (4) the Platform being unavailable, or any delay in us providing the Platform to you, for whatever reason; and/or (5) any event outside of our reasonable control, including, without limitation, the actions or conduct of third parties on our Platform and any User Content (including any unlawful or otherwise objectionable User Content). This clause will survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability to you, however arising, (including negligence) under or in relation to the Website, the content, the use of the website, or these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to loss of profits, loss or corruption of data, loss of reputation, loss of business, loss of business opportunities, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goodwill or for any type of special, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly under or in relation to the website or these Terms and Conditions. This clause will survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
- You represent, warrant and agree that (1) you have full legal capacity, right, authority and power to enter into these Terms and to perform your obligations under these Terms; and (2) these Terms constitute a legal, valid and binding agreement, enforceable in accordance with the terms.
- You acknowledge and agree that (1) you use the Platform or our services at your own risk; and (2) the provision of the Platform or our services may be contingent on, or impacted by, third parties, suppliers or other subcontractors (Third Party Inputs), and despite anything to the contrary, the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible and will have no Liability for any default or breach of these Terms or any law if such default or breach was caused or contributed to by any Third Party Inputs.
- You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, these Terms exclude all terms, conditions and warranties implied by statute, in fact or on any other basis, except to the extent such terms, conditions and warranties are fully expressed in these Terms.
- Indemnity: Despite any provision to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that you are liable for, and must indemnify us, and hold us harmless, for and against any Liability suffered or incurred by us arising from or in connection with: your use of our Platform; any breach by you of these Terms or any applicable laws; and the User Content, our or any third party use of the User Content, or any claim that the User Content or any use of the User Content infringes any third party rights (including intellectual property rights). This indemnity is a continuing obligation, independent from the other obligations under these Terms, and continues after these Terms end. This clause will survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
6. Dealing with a problem
In the event of any dispute arising from, or in connection with, these Terms (Dispute), the party claiming there is a Dispute must give written notice to the other party setting out the details of the Dispute and proposing a resolution. Within 7 days after receiving the notice, the parties must meet at least once to attempt to resolve the Dispute or agree on the method of resolving the Dispute by other means, in good faith. All aspects of every such conference, except the fact of the occurrence of the conference, will be privileged. If the parties do not resolve the Dispute or (if the Dispute is not resolved) agree on an alternate method to resolve the Dispute, within 21 days after receipt of the notice, the Dispute may be referred by either party (by notice in writing to the other party) to litigation.
Variation: We may modify these Terms from time to time by posting a notice of the modification on our Platform. By continuing to use the Platform after such modification, you agree to the amended terms. If you do not agree to the modifications, you must stop using the Platform.
Discontinuance: We may, at any time and without notice to you, discontinue our Platform, in whole or in part. We may also exclude any person from using our Platform, at any time at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for Liability you may suffer arising from or in connection with any such discontinuance or exclusion.
Severance: The provisions of these Terms are severable and if any provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision is severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions in these Terms.
Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the State Queensland, Australia. In the event that a dispute arises from these website Terms and Conditions, all users and Homeschool Heart agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at: